SNAP (Spay/Neuter Assistance Programme)
Spay / Neuter Assistance Programme
Every year many thousands of unwanted puppies and kittens are born in Hong Kong, some of these litters are the result of accidental matings by pet dogs and cats.
To prevent this problem the SPCA advocates that all pet cats and dogs should be neutered (this also can have added health benefits).
The SPCA realises that in some cases there may be financial concerns such that whilst a pet owner may be willing to "de-sex" their pet they do not have the financial means to do so.
The SPCA can offer assistance with the "de-sexing" of pet cats and dogs in certain instances such as the owner is a recipient of Comprehensive Social Security Assistance or is referred by a Social Worker.
SNAP voucher scheme
This scheme aims to prevent the birth of unwanted offspring by encouraging the "desexing" of pet dogs and cats.
If you would like to "desex" your pet dog or cat but are unable to do so due to financial concerns then utilizing one of the SNAP vouchers may help.
There are various discount vouchers available depending on the procedure :-
|•||$300 - Dog Spay|
|•||$200 - Dog Neuter|
|•||$200 - Cat Spay|
|•||$100 - Cat Neuter|
We are offerring the limited vouchers for each category. Applications should be made using the SNAP application for:
|By Online||By Post / Fax Or In-person|
|Apply Now||Download Form|
All veterinary practices in Hong Kong have been invited to support this initiative. If you wish to use a voucher under this programme please ask your vet in advance if they are participating. Individual veterinary surgeons may have additional terms and conditions applicable. Please refer to them for details.
If they are not participating please click here for a list of participating clinic contact details
If you are aware of someone who needs special assistance in applying for a SNAP voucher please contact the SPCA (HK) on 22325549.
Terms and conditions.
- The voucher can be used to get a discount off the normal price charged by a participating vet for "de-sexing" either a dog or cat.
- The vouchers are limited to a maximum of two per person and only one can be redeemed per procedure
- The vouchers are non-transferable and can only be used to discount the cost of "de-sexing" - other medical or surgical treatments are not covered
- Dogs "de-sexed" under the scheme must be vaccinated against rabies and have a micro-chip implanted in accordance with Hong Kong law.
- The vouchers cannot be redeemed at the SPCA (HK)'s mobile surgical unit
- The vouchers expire on 31/03/2010
- In the event of loss vouchers will not be replaced nor duplicates issued
- The SPCA reserves the right to alter the terms and conditions of this scheme and its determination on the right to use the voucher is final.
- The English version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail wherever there is a discrepancy between the English and the Chinese versions.
Volunteer Foster Network
Being a foster parent to a needy animal is a wonderful way to do charitable work and get some instant gratification in return! Whether it is a newborn kitten or a dog who has been brutalized, your help is greatly needed and appreciated. Please fill out a Volunteer Foster application to be contacted when one of our needy animals can use your help.
Thank you for your support and for helping those who can't speak for themselves!
"Janice - Caitlin: I keep looking at the potohs and each time I see something new and inspiring!Thank you for giving us memories and images of a day Bill & I will never forget. ..."ChuyIesHnCfAxELmxtDqx
"On behalf of the students and teaching staff at Baptist Rainbow Primary School, we would like to express our gratitude to you for taking your precious time to give our school a ..."Baptist Rainbow Primary School Staff and StudentsThank You, Thank You