Where Did Your Fur Clothing Come From?
If you choose to wear fur it is your personal decision, but please be responsible and read the following information.
Did you know...?
1. CHINA HAS NO LAWS GOVERNING FUR FARMS AND MANY ANIMALS ARE SKINNED ALIVE...EVEN GOLDEN RETRIEVER DOGS
2. FUR FARMERS CAN TREAT ANIMALS ANY WAY THEY SEE FIT
3. MORE THAN 2 MILLION CATS AND HUNDRED'S OF THOUSANDS OF DOGS ARE KILLED FOR THEIR FUR EACH YEAR IN CHINA
4. MANY OF THESE ANIMALS ARE SKINNED ALIVE
5. WORRIED THAT YOU MIGHT BE WEARING A DOG? YOU SHOULD BE! WORKERS IN FUR FARMS OFTEN LABEL DOG AND CAT PELTS "RABBIT"
6. THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL (without being tested) IF THE FUR YOU ARE WEARING CAME FROM A DOG, CAT, RACCOON OR RABBIT!
Real fur is often made to look like fake fur!!! Millions of animals
are brutally slaughtered each year and their hair used
as fake fur because it is cheaper to produce than synthetic fur.
**How to Test if You Have FAKE or Synthetic Fur
Many people like the look of fur but would only buy FAKE. What if you found out the FAKE fur you bought was REAL? Do this simple match test and you should have your answer!
Cut or pull out some fur to test.
Wait about 10 seconds and touch the burnt fur.
** The sample used for our test was dog fur.
Carefully with a match or lighter, burn a bit of the fur.
A. If the tested fur turns to ash or smells like hair burning, it came from an animal...dog, cat, rabbit (no way to tell!!)
B. If the tested fur melts into hard, small round bits and smells like burning plastic or rubber, it is fake or synthetic...made in a factory!